Elektra is a cross between Early Resin Berry (ERB) and ACDC. This potent, high CBD hemp strain won a silver medal at the 2019 Cultivation Classic, falling short of the eventual winner Suver Haze.
It has green and orange buds, a unique flavor profile, and mild effects that make it a good choice for any time of the day.
Elektra CBD Hemp Flower Review
Initially bred in Southern Oregon, where it continues to flourish, Elektra is a reliable strain that delivers approximately 16% CBD.
Under the right conditions, its CBD content can go above 23%, with only trace amounts of other cannabinoids, including delta 9 THC and CBG.
Elektra is a Sativa-dominant strain often sold as hand-trimmed flowers, shake, and pre-rolls.
It has also been concentrated in CBD oils, full-spectrum tinctures, vape cartridges, and edibles.
Growers and producers love it, and as a result, Elektra strains are sold by most major CBD retailers.
Elektra Aroma And Flavors
With its earthy flavors, piney scents, undertones of herbs, flowers, and citrus fruits it’s no wonder that Elektra has been described simply as "forest-like."
Think of gas stations, forest trails, and dark forest honey, all provided by a strong terpene profile that includes:
- α-Pinene: This is where the pine aromas come from. It's like stepping into a forest of pine trees. It is one of the most heavily researched terpenes and has been linked to many potential health benefits, including anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and antioxidant effects.
- β-Myrcene: The most common terpene and one that provides spicy, earthy, and fruity flavors. It has been said that Myrcene increases the effects of THC, but it also has many benefits and effects in low THC hemp strains.
- β-Caryophyllene: Elektra gets its black pepper notes from this common terpene. It has been described as being akin to biting into a peppercorn and also imparts some of the bitter flavors associated with hops.
- Nerolidol: Although the levels of this terpene are low, they are enough to boost the strain’s forest-like aromas, imparting fragrances of wet grass and fresh bark.
- α-Bisabolol: A terpene that is also found in chamomile flowers. It may help to provide some of the same benefits as these little flowers, which are known to aid with digestion, anxiety, and stress.
The Effects Of Elektra Hemp Flowers
Countless customer reviews have praised Elektra's mellow effects, suggesting that it works best when smoked through the day or with friends.
It doesn't hit you with the heavy-headed sensations provided by other CBD hemp flowers but it still offers a wealth of benefits, including relaxation, pain-reduction, and mental clarity.
This is not cannabis. Elektra's THC content is very low so it will not make you "high" or trigger the levels of euphoria and sedation associated with cannabis.
Like all CBD products, the results vary from user to user and strain to strain, but most users report positive effects.
Closing Thoughts: Elektra Hemp Flower
Elektra comes from a trusted line of high CBD strains, and its parents are popular with hemp growers throughout the United States.
Early Resin Berry, for instance, has been used to create hugely popular strains like Sour Space Candy, Special Sauce, and Lifter, while ACDC has consistently been one of the best-selling hemp strains since the passing of the 2018 Farm Bill.
If you want a high CBD producing strain that delivers many complex flavors and attractive buds, you can't go wrong with Elektra.
We recommend purchasing some top-shelf, hand-trimmed Elektra hemp flowers, experiencing the best that this strain has to offer.
Read lab reports, make sure the hemp was produced without pesticides, and do a little comparison shopping to get the highest quality strain for the lowest price.
It's a great strain for beginners and experienced smokers, as its effects are often described as mild and its flavors relatively subtle, but at the same time, it delivers a powerful punch of CBD and may provide many health benefits as a result.